The added value of creativity
Walter Amerika is an independent strategy expert on socio-economic creativity and creative industries policies. He started his company in 2004 to offer companies, knowledge institutions and governmental organizations a broader overview on how to deal with creative companies and individual talent within the so-called ‘creative industries’. Walter has a clear vision on the added value of creativity and a strong network within the full range of the creative industries.
His main working tools are design thinking, scenario sketching and brandbuilding. He advices corporate companies as well as start-ups, cities and regions, government and public organizations on how to incorporate creativity and innovation as management drivers to add social and business value on the short, mid or long term.
- Walter is currently part time director of U Create, the Centre of Expertise of the Dutch Creative Industry that has a focus on the ‘crossover’ with the Healthcare and Wellbeing sector.
- Strategic brand advisor for an Australian based company.
- Member of the Advisory Board of Dutch Creative Residencies Network.
- Strategic advisor and trailblazer to the board of HKU | University of the Arts Utrecht, for a new and unique Master of Arts course ‘Crossover Creativity’ (creative engineering, applied design and social entrepreneurship).
- Head of the Market Department of the renowned Design Academy Eindhoven
- Member of the core team of CI NEXT (a Dutch national research and development program for business innovation of the Creative industries).
- Chairman and Creative Director of the Amsterdam based FHV/BBDO Marketing Communication Group, working for corporate clients like Albert Heijn, Schiphol Airport, Heineken, Grolsch, Douwe Egberts/Sara Lee and Pepsi Cola.
- Chairman of Creative Board of Creative Cities Amsterdam Area.
- Chairman of NGO Dutch Design in Development.
- Industry Advisory Boardmember of EU program Custom Fit on Rapid Manufacturing.
- Chairman of the Doors of Perception Foundation.
- Chairman of the Dutch Art Directors Club.